This kit is a 1/13 scale, flying model that uses the Box
and Former method of construction. Pre-1942 design, eligible for
Society of Antique Modelers (SAM) contests.
The Bf 109 was the standard fighter of the Luftwaffe throughout WWII.
Its primary opponents were the Spitfire and the P-51. Over thirty-three
thousand Messerschmitt 109's were built.
This free flight rubber powered kit contains a full-size
rolled plan, building and flying instructions, hand-picked printed balsa and
balsa strip wood, rubber motor, E-B propeller, EBM thrust bearing,
clear plastic for the windshield, two vacuum-formed wheels, landing
gear wire, and Easy Built Lite tissue in light grey and olive. You
will need a building board, hobby
knife, fine sandpaper, and glue.
"Hi, my name is Kam Mitchell and I live near the city of Canterbury
in the county of Kent Great Britain. Just thought I would drop you
a line to show you how my ME109 turned out.I got half way through
building the airframe and thought, hmm micro r/c gear,yep recon
it might work. So when the whole airframe was finished but not assembled
I set to sheeting the bottom of the wings and leading edge, bottom
and side's of fuselage and topside of elevator. I then cut and fashioned
the ailerons and rudder,sheeting where needed(all sheeting was done
useing 1/16th balsa). Then came fitting the gear. I decided to have
two access hatches. The canopy is built as an entirely separate
item which slotted in with a dowel at the front and a screw at the
rear,this gives access to the servo tray. The other hatch is situated
at the front side of the fuselage just beneath the exhaust,this
is the access to the brush less motor which is fitted to a removable
ply bulkhead,and space for the battery. I used two aileron servo's
glued directly to the inside of of the wing adjacent to the aileron.all
servo's were 3.7 gram sub micro's.the receiver is a sub micro blue
arrow .I stuck with tissue and dope simply because I hadn't tried
it since I was a kid. Whilst I'm not the best builder in the world(normally
do ARTF)it turned out ok. Haven't flown it yet, I'm waiting for
some decent weather. Total weight minus battery turned out
at 235grams/8and a quarter ounces. I enjoyed putting together your
kit and would like to try another. Many thanks Kam"